Wedding Day Tanning Prep - 5 Tips from Nicole Fae
While we may not be doing dark, lots of our brides still want to give their skin a little healthy glow by getting a spray tan. Here's a few tips to make sure that your tan has the best results.
1. Book a trial appointment, maybe on the day of your engagement or bachelorette party. This way you can see that I really am telling the truth! Pay attention!
- When do you like the color best? The next day? 2 days later?
- Did everything come out evenly? Where did your skin absorb the color too much or not enough?
2. Exfoliate at least two times per week starting the week before your wedding day using South Seas Body Polish. Exfoliation gets rid of dead skin cells that may prevent your wedding day tan from looking even and fresh.
3. When your skin is healthy and hydrated it holds a fake tan longer and better, so moisturize every day starting after your shower. Just avoid lotions that contain mineral oil, alcohol or anti-aging ingredients, as they tend to dry out the skin. But on the day of your spray tan, make sure you do not apply any lotion beforehand (or makeup or deodorant, which can also contain oils that keep the tan from soaking in). Your skin should be clean, dry and free of any products.
4. Always do body waxing 24-48 hours before your spray tanning appointment. Doing this afterward can make the tan come off in those areas. Although we regularly do eyebrow waxing on the same day and it has never caused any problems for us.
5. For the most foolproof results, splurge on a tan administered by an experienced technician, not a session in an automatic spray-tan booth, where your results may be less even and realistic.
Will you be getting a spray tan before your wedding? Do any of you have tanning tips to add to this list?